Advanced Systems Group (ASG) is a proud Verified Elastic Partner, and is heavily invested in offering custom consulting services designed to enhance the ElasticStack. Similar to ASG, Elastic works to simplify life in the data center by helping organizations, and specifically, IT administrators explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search.
Built on an open-source foundation, the ElasticStack enables you to reliably and securely take data from any device, in any format, and search, analyze, and visualize it in real-time.
The Elastic Stack:
- Elasticsearch: A distributed, JSON-based search and analytics engine designed for horizontal scalability, maximum reliability, and easy management.
- Logstash: A server-side data processing pipeline that ingests data from a multitude of sources simultaneously, transforms it, and then passes it along as JSON files to the Elasticsearch database.
- Kibana: Lets you view your Elasticsearch data and navigate the ElasticStack with interactive visualizations, graphs, charts, and more.
- Beats: Agents that send data from hundreds or thousands of devices back to Logstash and/or Elasticsearch.
We offer automation, engineering, and installation and implementation services around the ElasticStack out of the box.
As a value-add, we at ASG have taken the ElasticStack capabilities a step further by creating custom coded Ansible modules to retrieve, manage, and compile the standard device log files. In addition to device logs, we have enabled the Stack to perform these actions on device configurations – a service not offered by other data center automation providers. ASG compliments the open-source ElasticStack by offering a variety of plug-ins and enhancements, including:
- Configuration Data: Collect configuration information as key/value pars in addition to logs and performance metrics.
- Custom Metrics: Summarize data in useful ways, such as Drift (in relation to a reference configuration) and Phase (difference between in memory configuration and on disk configuration).
- Dashboards: Custom Kibana dashboards present the collected device log and configuration files.
- Database: Develop and manage indexes that logically organizes device log and configuration data.
- Machine Learning: Automatically generate machine learning jobs based on feedback from automation and configuration data. These machine learning jobs can also be used as input for automation tasks.
- Graph: Automatically generate graph queries based on feedback from automation. These queries can then be used as inputs that can be fed back into the automation.
As an Elastic partner, ASG staff have undergone extensive sales and technical training, and employ expert skills implementing Elastic offerings. The open-source nature of the ElasticStack creates challenges around development, time to value, and use case definition. Additionally, with no established industry best-practices, fears around the unknowns of an implementation can be high.
Our services help organizations quickly and effectively establish an intelligent IT environment, using ASG’s best practices. With this strategy in place, customers achieve enhanced security, dynamic alerting, real-time monitoring, and customized reporting. ASG can help automate the ElasticStack and provide the analytical data center approach your organization needs, empowering IT Administrators to do more with less.