Like their larger counterparts, small and medium-sized organizations (SMBs) benefit from hyperconverged infrastructure. But unlike enterprises, they’re often ill-equipped to handle data center complexity. Smaller IT staffs with a lack of specialized skills and tight budgets also make the road to data center convergence a challenging one.
With Nutanix Xpress, SMBs can gain the benefits of the Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure and enterprise cloud platform. This solution specifically offers SMBs:
- Easy installation and management –The infrastructure can be installed, configured, and ready to run virtualized applications in an hour or less. And unlike most other solutions, the software, hypervisor, and firmware upgrades are a single-click process that is non-disruptive.
- No specialized IT skills– Without the need for separate storage arrays and networks, there’s no complicated zoning, masking, or LUN provisioning, which simplifies the entire environment.
- Centralized infrastructure management – Many convergence solutions are built with technology from numerous vendors, which means multiple management tools need to be learned and used. With Nutanix Xpress, management is just another part of a complete solution.
- Single vendor support – Because Xpress is a complete solution, Nutanix supports the entire infrastructure – including virtualization and numerous applications.
- Resiliency and self-healing – Two copies of all data are stored, with each residing on a different Xpress node. In the event of a drive failure, the data is still accessible from the other node. With self-healing, spare capacity is used to create new copies and restore full redundancy. With smaller, less-specialized staffs inherent with SMBs, self-healing helps protect your data.
All of these Xpress features help SMBs realize the advantages of hyperconverged infrastructure while reducing total cost of ownership (TCO). In fact, according to Nutanix, this solution can provide:
- A 5-year ROI of 510%
- A payback period of just 7.5 months
- A 5-year TCO savings of 58%
- An 85% faster deployment of storage
- A 71% reduction in management time
For details on Nutanix Xpress and how SMBs can realize the benefits of a hyperconverged infrastructure, check out The Definitive Guide to Hyperconverged Infrastructure for the Small and Medium-Sized Business.
Also, be sure to check out this post, where we highlighted some features of the recently-released Nutanix Acropolis 5.0.