Can you answer YES to any of the following questions?
- Is your business, application, or IT affected by performance issues?
- Do you often find yourself making ‘emergency’ IT purchases?
- Do you have revenue-generating applications that aren’t quite working as expected?
- Do you have any upcoming seasonal events that might stress your current environment or resources? A merger or divestiture? A data center move or consolidation?
- Have you recently acquired an application through a merger or acquisition?
- Have you recently lost any key employees? Do you worry about losing a ‘mad scientist’ who’s the only person who can make one of your applications work? (Think tribal knowledge.)
If so, you and your organization may be the perfect candidate for our new Application Discovery and Mapping Technology Workshop.
Business applications naturally sprawl and intertwine across physical architectures through the normal evolution of IT environments. Although created organically, interdependencies produce complicated solutions that tend to be inflexible and difficult to grow.
Ultimately, these unknown application architectures are easy to damage, difficult to troubleshoot, and thoroughly frustrating for the unfortunate employees tasked with supporting them. And eventually, after enough ‘ad hoc’ administration and undocumented interconnections to other systems, you might even have a key business application that no one wants to touch.
In these situations, you may need to regain control of your application architecture before you can start making strategic decisions regarding your IT environment.
In this workshop, we’ll discuss…
- Application administration
- Application resiliency
- Employee and resource burnout
- Unplanned or unexpected downtime
- Support costs
- Future planning complexity
Want to learn more about application mapping? Check out the video below, which explains the ins and outs of application mapping, and why it should be the first step towards modernizing your data center.