Setting the Table for All-Flash Storage Success
Hitachi Accelerated Flash (HAF) is integrated with the VSP family’s Storage Virtualization Operating System, which was engineered to accelerate the I/O path for access to flash devices. The result is a complete “flash-accelerated” refresh of the operating system with improved I/O processing, higher multithreading support, and faster internal data movement.
- Fast, consistent performance
- Strong reliability
- Better operational simplicity
- More scalable options
- Simple migration paths
While these flash storage benefits can make an impact, every all-flash infrastructure is unique. According to HDS, these seven requirements are important in realizing success with all-flash storage:
- Massive scalability that won’t slow growth and won’t create information silos. In short, being able to support public, private, and hybrid cloud computing options is crucial for today’s enterprise storage environments.
- Improved data reduction with penalty-free block compression and file deduplication, time-tested thin provisioning and space-efficient snapshots. Using data reduction technologies can allow flash storage to be used for more applications and more data, but there can be tradeoffs in system performance.
- Workload extensibility for any environment, supporting block, file and object access. This means deploying all-flash solutions across differing IT environments while still delivering performance, agility and reduced costs regardless of workloads.
- Improved resilience and a reduction of HDD-based disruptions to improve productivity and uptime. A flash storage system that delivers improved resiliency while also delivering high availability means uninterrupted access to data.
- Consistent performance that’s as good in year five as day one. This means being able to provide long-term, fast data speeds that can handle increasing data.
- Improved data security that offers more than just encryption. Solutions that can verify and report full data eradication for SSDs and self-encrypting drives (SEDs) is important.
- Reliable automated management, as simple at 1 Petabyte as at 1 Terabyte. This means being able to lower batch times while also lowering storage infrastructure costs.
An all-flash storage solution can often generate more income with more transactions per second. It can improve customer satisfaction with consistent service levels, and it can stimulate better business decisions and increased employee productivity with analytics and detailed reporting. Regardless of why you may choose an all-flash storage solution, be sure to check out Hitachi’s all-flash storage.