6 Benefits of VMware vSphere Built on NetApps FlexPod Infrastructure Solution
In a recent blog post, we discussed how NetApp’s new FlexPod™ for VMware Infrastructure Solution can help you move your data center to the cloud without unnecessary risk. Today, we’re sharing 6 additional benefits—beyond cost savings—of VMware vSphere built on FlexPod:
- Centralized management of server, storage, networking, and virtualization – The dramatic increase in management efficiency allows IT administrators to shift from managing discrete components of IT to managing pools of application and infrastructure resources.
- Simultaneous management of up to four different applications, which further amplifies the reduction in management complexities and the increase in resource utilization
- Secure multitenancy to securely manage and isolate pools of resources independently with consistent quality of service (QoS) across each layer with reduced risk and cost
- Investment protection with the use of NetApp V-Series, allows IT organizations the flexibility to realize the benefits of the FlexPod architecture while still preserving investments already made in multivendor (non-NetApp) storage arrays
- Storage efficiency enabled by NetApp's unified, shared storage architecture and integrated efficiency features such as data deduplication and FlexVol (thin provisioning), along with NetApp's advanced suite of software features that provide a common framework to control, automate, and analyze the customer's data
- Variable deployment maturity as the flexible reference architecture allows customers to deploy at various levels of maturity along the spectrum of virtualized datacenter and private, public, and hybrid cloud deployments
We’re excited about this data center cloud computing solution as you can see, but we feel it really has the ability to be a game-changer as more enterprises look to realize the benefits that smart cloud computing can provide.