5 Ways FlexPod Delivers Smart Business Continuity
As a NetApp Premium Status partner, we have access to FlexPod solutions from our in-house technology laboratory (iLab), which we use for benchmarking and proof-of-concept testing. Furthermore, we have access to the FlexPod PDI (Plan, Design, Implement) Help Desk and access to the collaborative Professional Services Technical Consulting Accelerator (TCA). As a result, we’ve seen first-hand some of the myriad proof points that we blogged about late last year. To recap, FlexPod delivers:
- 20x reduction in latency over traditional disk
- 208% faster SQL server response time
- 100+ world record benchmarks
- 83% faster provisioning with Cisco ACI
- 20 – 30% reduction in application testing time
- 70% of engineering time reclaimed
- 76% ROI in just 17 months
- Free storage controller update
- Performance of flash at the price of disk
Benchmarks and proof points are important, but business continuity is crucial—especially today with the reliance on applications across the enterprise. A FlexPod solution brief – Top Five Reasons to Invest in FlexPod Business-Continuance Solutions (PDF) describes some business-side benefits that you can achieve with the FlexPod solution, including:
- Remaining open for business all the time. With more and more applications running on virtualized infrastructure, the need for high-availability has never been greater. The combination of FlexPod with Cisco UCS, NetApp storage, and Cisco Nexus networking allows corporations to build their data center infrastructure with business-continuity in mind.
- Delivering less risk. The failover process with FlexPod is much easier than traditional processes, making any failover needs less risky and less likely to cause an outage.
- Achieving better resource utilization. FlexPod architecture provides validated designs for leading applications and infrastructure (as NetApp says, it’s the ‘flex’ in FlexPod), so your deployment is sized more accurately. This improves resource utilization while saving money.
- Meeting audit and compliance standards. The flexibility of FlexPod allows you to isolate certain infrastructure which helps you maintain required separation between business units, applications, and development teams.
- Exceeding business-unit service-level requirements. FlexPod allows for rapid response to changing business needs thanks to the Cisco Director. You can now take back control of the cloud usage within your organization and reduce Shadow IT.
The need to keep organizations open for business 24/7 puts a strain on IT resources, but FlexPod helps bring business continuity to the forefront of the data center. For more information on other FlexPod solutions, you can read some of the many blogs we’ve posted, or you can contact us directly.