Integrating data center services into one chassis with a single virtualization solution creates strong integration and compatibility between your compute, networking, and storage. With this integrated hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), you can deliver on-premise IT services with the same level of agility, economics, and efficiency you can achieve with cloud computing.
IDC stated that spending on HCI “was more than $2 billion in 2016 and is set to surpass $7.6 billion by the end of 2021.”
HCI organizational benefits are numerous and include:
- A consistent and common management platform
- A clear and more efficient path to 100Gbs
- Improved data center scalability and flexibility
- Faster resource provisioning
- Lower total cost of ownership (TC)
- Better organizational agility
- Enterprise strength network security (see our blog earlier this week on VxRail)
The Dell EMC VxRail Appliance delivers all of these benefits that an HCI landscape promise as a platform and a recent IDC opinion paper – The Business Value of Modernizing Infrastructure with Hyper-Converged Systems – provides some great insights. They interviewed Dell EMC VxRail and VxRack HCI customers to determine organizational outcomes from deployment and the results speak for themselves; some report highlights:
- IDC calculates that study participants will realize revenue and employee productivity gains worth an average of $77,342 per 100 users per year ($1.12 million annually per organization).
- IDC puts the value of related time savings and productivity gains at an average of $34,571 per 100 users per year ($501,600 annually per organization).
- Study participants are spending less on their Dell EMC HCI solutions than on their legacy or alternative infrastructure environments. IDC calculates that they will save an average of $7,795 per 100 users per year ($113,100 annually per organization).
- Study participants need business applications and services to be available to support their customers and employees, and they are experiencing 83% fewer impactful unplanned outages, which has translated to 98% less unplanned downtime since deploying Dell EMC HCI solutions.
- Improved performance in terms of latency (42% improved application performance on average) and time to execute processes (39% faster execution of batch processes) benefits users of applications.
- The impact of Dell EMC HCI solutions has been most evident in terms of time to get the solution itself up and running (73% less staff time on average among study participants), deploy storage (81% less staff time), and provision new servers (64% faster deployment). In turn, this helps the organizations execute business extensions with one-sixth the staff time compared with their legacy environments (83% less staff time on average).
- IDC expects that in return, the organizations will realize discounted benefits with a value of $539,059 per 100 users over five years ($7.82 million per organization). This would result in a five-year ROI of 619% and breakeven on their investment in six months.
VxRail and VxRack Dell EMC appliances help deliver the organizational benefits that people want to see from hyper-converged infrastructure. To see detail from IDC’s report, you can download it free below.
Complete the Form – Download the IDC Opinion Paper: