Today, perhaps more than ever, organizations are looking to save money or maybe spent money smarter. Either way, ASG has you covered. Your data center and IT ecosystems are a great place to examine for savings, and we’ve put together 8 ways that we can help you:
- By moving to a software defined data center (SDDC), you can build upon concepts set by server virtualization; abstracting away the boundaries of physical hardware and enabling more dynamic and self-service provisioning. ASG has many software defined data center solutions.
- MPLS-based networks are highly resilient but there are also very expensive and troublesome to dynamically reconfigure. A highly available software defined WAN architecture can virtualize and dynamically leverage multiple links. By leveraging a software defined WAN solution, you will greatly reduce your Telco line charges while providing application-centric policies that can be centrally managed and configured.
- Building a modern-day backup architecture will not only save your IT budget, but it will also improve customer satisfaction. There are many ways to modernize your data backup and recovery solution. Incorporating enterprise flash, object storage and API driven backups and recovery processes, IT can provide automatic backups, instant end-user recovery, policy-based tiering and replication, and archiving to the public cloud. Cloud data has 11 nines of durability, so you really never need to back it up again (or ever).
- Embracing a hybrid cloud infrastructure is a quick way to begin decreasing your capex spend and leveraging a more op-ex model. Backup data in the public cloud can also be reused for IT innovation projects such as analytics or test & development projects. Large amounts of public cloud data can be easily managed by a single IT administrator (compared to a small IT team with traditional solutions).
- With the advancements of data deduplication, compression and data compaction, enterprise flash can consolidate terabytes of spinning disk arrays occupying floor tiles and using significant power and cooling. Enterprise flash will facilitate a more efficient data center footprint and allow you to run multiple workloads to run on the same infrastructure at the same time.
- Backups are truly becoming obsolete with the advent of object storage. By only backing up data that needs revision control and sending everything else to an object store, you will significantly save your IT budget, not to mention making the lives of your IT team much better.
- Hardware resources may be more accurately “right-sized” according to current workload demands, but a software-defined approach provides for more consistent and optimized application performance as the environment is scaled out. Hyper-converged infrastructures not only provide this level of flexibility, they also provide a data center fabric that can connect to multi-cloud environments if need be.
- IT automation, sometimes referred to as infrastructure automation, is the use of software to create repeatable instructions and processes to replace or reduce human interaction with the data center components. With AVA (Advanced Vector Automation), you can turn your data center into “infrastructure as code” allowing you to operate and manage it just like software (network, compute and storage automation, cloud provisioning, application deployment, configuration management).
ASG can help you streamline your data center and IT systems, helping you save significant money. Contact us for details.