Join our team
Advanced Systems Group is one of the leading systems integrators in the country, and our team is among the industry's finest. ASG offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and provides an extraordinary opportunity for growth.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, ASG also has offices throughout the western and southern United States including Baton Rouge, Boise, Houston, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Orange County, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, and Seattle.
Senior Datacenter Consultant
The Senior Datacenter Consultant (SDC) evaluates, designs, and implements complex enterprise datacenter infrastructures and consulting solutions. The SDC also provides sales and engineering teams with datacenter engineering knowledge, methodology and technology guidance, and strategies to address customer business needs.
As a technical lead, the SDA cooperates with project managers to complete complex, multi-phased customer projects, which include engaging with manufacturers, creating diagrams, developing comprehensive strategy and design documents, and collaborating on project plans and other deliverables. Ideal candidates can communicate well both strategically and technically with co-workers and customers across all levels of executive and technical staff.
- Five or more years leading infrastructure consulting engagements and at least ten years as a technical consultant
- Experience managing and collaborating with multiple technical teams
- Experience strategizing, designing, planning, and implementing enterprise storage environments, networking environments, application/host/database stacks, and virtualized environments
- Ability to organize large amounts of data and complex concepts into understandable customer-facing deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as wells as strong presentation skills
- Ability to see the “big picture” as well as implementation details
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, CIS or MIS, Electrical Engineering
- Current vendor and technical certifications
This is a Denver-based position. Interested? Submit your résumé to Michelle Nau-Stolz, the Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consulting Engineer (CE) works with the company’s sales teams to design, propose, and close opportunities using a consultative sales approach. Ideal candidates can easily combine their technical knowledge with sales skills to provide superior technical sales support as they design and implement business systems that meet specific customer requirements.
As a subject matter expert, the CE translates business problems into IT infrastructure solutions and responds to clients' queries—thereby supporting pre and post-sales initiatives for the company’s data management, IT infrastructure and cloud computing products and services.
- Evaluate the compatibility and integrity of solutions and recommend alternatives to enhance their design and reliability
- Develop and deliver client presentations and proposals that convey design details and equipment requirements to support the sales process
- Lead the analysis, design, development, and implementation of the proposed solutions
- Document client proposals and product applications, using Microsoft Visio or a similar product
- Develop and deliver client-specific performance reports
- Participate in the implementation and testing of new releases of products
- Maintain current technical industry knowledge
- Three or more years as a sales engineer, systems administrator, or IT consultant
- Experience designing IT, network, and business solutions for clients
- Strong analytical skills related to the definition of complex IT application solutions
- Effective presentation and customer relationship skills
- Big-picture thinking with time and project management skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams while working autonomously on multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in data communications, engineering, or related area or the equivalent in training and experience
- Knowledge of complex data center technologies, including servers, virtualization, storage, IT infrastructure, IP networking, and common business applications
This is a Seattle-based position. Interested? Submit your résumé to Michelle Nau-Stolz, the Human Resources Director, at email@example.com.
The Account Executive (AE) will be responsible for selling product and services—such as converged infrastructure products and professional services—in the information technology field, particularly to executives in the commercial and enterprise space. The ideal candidate should be a competitive, highly motivated achiever who persists despite obstacles and someone who can easily develop and manage a book of business.
The AE should be knowledgeable with the technologies of our key partners including Cisco, VMware, NetApp, HDS, among other industry product solutions. Ultimately, the AE will work with management to develop account strategy, close business, and maintain excellent client relationships. ASG currently has openings for account executives in our Houston, TX and Oklahoma City, OK offices.
- Achieve sales objectives through sales to new customers and up selling additional services to existing customers
- Discover client business needs and propose appropriate products or services
- Manage the assigned territory, including account planning and opportunity management
- Achieve manager-determined revenue goals for both product and services
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about the company’s products and services
- Provide excellent service to ensure assigned accounts meet or exceed client satisfaction
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue numbers
- Work with key partners to drive associated product revenue
- Successfully negotiate contracts
- Relay feedback from field experience to sales management regarding products, markets and competitive information
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with associates and customers
- Effectively convey ideas using speech and listening skills to influence others and gain support
- 3-5 years information technology sales
- Experience working within the technology infrastructure with a Value Added Reseller (VAR) or systems integrator
- Ability to work independently
- Strong network and consulting sales experience
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasion and presentation abilities
- Excellent telephone skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge, certifications, and working relationships with strategic partners like Cisco, VMware, and NetApp
Advanced Systems Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
CRN joined us at our annual San Diego Zoo Night and posted a slideshow featuring highlights from the event!